Everyone thrives when HR is on top of its game.
Registration is Open!
Back to the Samoset in 2023!
We return to the Samoset this May – the ancestral home of the Maine HR Convention. With a mix of everything the HR community loves about this conference – keynotes from around the country, information from the business and human sides of HR, networking, and camaraderie. Our purpose remains true – making a difference in the lives of your employees, the direction of your organization, your career path, AND how you impact your neighboring communities.
Three Important Items for 2023:
- Monday Afternoon. Convention week starts on May 8, with a pre-conference keynote and reception in the late afternoon. Everyone registered for the Tuesday conference day will be able to join us for these bonus Monday activities at no extra charge! Plus, additional Monday programming for MESHRM Leadership Day and HR Basic Training.
- HR Basic Training. For those new to HR (or early in your career), we have programming to meet your needs on Convention Monday and Tuesday, allowing you to mix and match with any of the other offerings designed for more experienced professionals later in the week. Learn More.
- Health & Safety Policies. Your welfare is our first concern, and the Convention will adhere to all rules set by the State of Maine CDC, the host facility (the Samoset), and the needs of our attendees. As of 1/3/23, we anticipate no indoor mask requirement, though it is encouraged.
2023 Convention Registration Fees
Registration Rate (March 1)
One Day: $325
Two Days: $625
Full Convention: $845
HR Basic Training Registration Fees
Two-day specialty track May 8-9 READ MORE
Registration Rate (March 1)
HR Basic Training: $625
HR Basic Training + Wednesday: $825
HR Basic Training + Wednesday and Thursday: $995
In 2023, we are applying for the following recertification credits:
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider and are applying for 18.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are applying for 18.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 12.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
Maine HR Convention ScheduleMonday, May 8, 2023 Tuesday, May 9, 2023 Wednesday, May 10, 2023 Thursday, May 11, 2023
Katie’s Corner: Reflections
This morning, I was browsing through some memories of the #MaineHRConvention in years past, and was overcome with feelings of nostalgia, energy, and PRIDE for the human resources community our event serves. Our return to the Samoset in May is a long-overdue homecoming...
A Note from the Curator: 500,000. HR, Gratitude, and Hope
For our friends in the HR orbit who deal in numbers and people. (That’s all of you!) On Monday evening, the President said, “We often hear people described as ordinary Americans. There’s no such thing. There’s nothing ordinary about them. The people we lost were...
A Note from the Curator: HR Superpower Alert
We’ve witnessed the Maine HR community in action these past few months, and you’ve done extraordinary things, calling on your superpowers to make a difference in the lives of your employees and the continuity of your organizations. We intend to reward those efforts...