Everyone thrives when HR is on top of its game.
25th Anniversary of the Maine HR Convention
Save the date! May 11-15, 2020
→ Join our 2020 Hold A Seat List. Email Info@StrategicHRus.com and mark the subject line “Hold a Seat for me at HRC20!” You’ll receive special advance notice of the opening of online registration next year, providing you first access to overnight accommodations at the Samoset and first access to course selection.
The Maine HR Convention celebrates beyond its 25th anniversary in 2020, and it has become the talk of the HR nation. The Convention consistently offers the best keynoters from around the country, creates imaginative, participatory workshops, awards a boatload of re-certification credits, and generates an atmosphere where HR careers and Maine workplaces thrive. This doesn’t happen by accident. Rather, it’s the result of a great collaboration between your host Strategic HR U.S. and Maine’s SHRM State Council and the eight affiliated chapters. Add the energy of 950+ participants and a showcase of sponsors and vendors, and you have a very good reason to join us at the 2020 Maine HR Convention.
Here are the 2020 attendee pass rates. There is a discounted rate for SHRM members and Maine SHRM chapter members.
Join us for ONE, TWO, THREE, or ALL FOUR days:
Sending FIVE or more attendees? Email Info@StrategicHRus.com for information on our group discount!
BACK IN 2020: COURSES FOR YOUR COLLEAGUES
In addition to the jam-packed 4-Day Core Convention, invite your coworkers to join our dedicated programs:
TWO-DAY PROGRAM FOR BEGINNERS:
HR BASIC TRAINING – $525
Monday, May 11 – Tuesday, May 12, 2020
This two-day intensive program provides new-to-HR employees the fundamentals for a successful start to their careers, plus a taste of the Convention! Packed with sessions like:
- Develop Your HR Network & Reputation
- Dive Into the Employee Life Cycle: HR Skills and Overview
- Build Your Employment Law Knowledge Base
- HR/Business Follies: Mistakes I’ve Made So You Don’t Have To!
- Making Sense of the Overlap of ADA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation
- And MORE!
- Enjoy a Maine HR Convention keynote on the main stage Tuesday
- Access to book an overnight room at the Samoset Monday evening
- Conference meals and receptions included
ONE-DAY PROGRAM FOR FRONT-LINE MANAGERS:
SUPERVISOR DAY – $295
Friday, May 15, 2020
This one-day course empowers front-line managers to make smart, legal decisions on everything from harassment claims to FMLA issues. With training on:
- Hiring, Recruiting, and Interviews
- Performance Management
- Documentation & Record Keeping
- And MORE!
- Enjoy a Maine HR Convention keynote on the main stage Friday
- Access to book an overnight room at the Samoset Thursday evening
- Breakfast and lunch included
We are currently in the process of applying for recertification credits for the 2020 program.
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. We are applying for 22.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are applying to HRCI for 22.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 16.0 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
Are There Really Two Maines? HR’s Role in this Equation The Tollhouse Pie at the Dysart’s Truckstops in Hermon and Bangor vs. the croissants at Belleville on Munjoy Hill in Portland. Is it just that simple? Of course not. There are demographic, cultural, and political...
The Path to HR Impact Maine Great Leader Programs at the HR Convention There are many ways to drive your HR career in a purposeful direction. And, there’s no single path that in and of itself measures success. You may want to make a difference as a relationship...
What Makes a Keynote Sing? 25th Anniversary Stage at the Maine HR Convention A pitch-perfect keynote speech should set the mood and strike a chord with the audience. A masterful blend of stage presence and meaningful content. That’s why we take considerable time each...