A system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community.
A Collaborative Approach to Workers’ Comp
Comp Summit is Maine’s annual, system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community. Each year we crunch the numbers, parse the language of the statute, and look to the future. The quality education at this conference reaches the legal community, occupational health and wellness providers, insurers and adjusters, case managers, and Maine employers and employees alike. We seek continuing education credit for Maine attorneys, case managers (CCM), New Hampshire insurance adjusters, and human resource professionals (SHRM CP and SHRM SCP credit and HRCI general credit).
Our mission is the pursuit of common ground for injured workers, Maine employers and the Workers’ Compensation Board. We analyze the law’s impact on a tactical “day to day” basis and its strategic impact on employee rights, the business climate in Maine, and the grand bargain that created workers’ compensation systems in the first place.
Registration fee: $525 ($495 for each additional person from the same company).
Fees provide access to all conference educational programs, the Comp Summit EXPO, conference meals, receptions, conference barista, and entertainment.
Attendees will also have access to the conference Mobile App! Access the conference schedule, view speaker bios, locate Business Partner booths, download session materials and more – all from your smartphone or tablet!
Overnight Accommodations at the Samoset start at $194/night plus a $25 resort fee per night. Overnight rooms are available to Comp Summit registrants on a first come, first served basis. Once you register for the event, your confirmation email will contain a special link that will provide you the opportunity to book an onsite overnight room.
2019 Continuing Education Credits
We are in the process of obtaining credit approval for Maine attorneys (CLEs), HR professionals (SHRM & HRCI), and Case Managers (CCMC) for the 2019 program.
- Maine Attorneys: Applying for 15.25 CLEs, 1.25 of which is for ethics credit.
- HR Credits: Applying for 14.25 SHRM-PDC’s credits and 14.25 HRCI general credits.
- Case Managers (CCMC): Applying for 15.25 credits.
New This Year! Wellness Opportunities
There are Wellness opportunities sprinkled throughout the day on Monday at this year’s Comp Summit. Special thank you to our Wellness Sponsor: Workplace Health at MaineGeneral Health.
- Monday Morning Group Run or Group Stroll with the Workplace Health Wellness Team. Go on a 30-minute run or stroll. Run lead by Wellness Manager, Phil DiRusso. Stroll lead by a Workplace Health Coach. Guaranteed to wake you up and get the blood flowing.
- MONDAY MORNING | 6:45 AM – 7:15 AM | Meet in the hotel lobby | Dependent upon the weather, please wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Monday Afternoon Stretch Break. Need a quick stretch? Learn effective stretches from a Workplace Health Coach.
- MONDAY AFTERNOON | 2:30 PM – 2:40 PM | Meet at the Workplace Health Booth #9.
- Health Screenings offered at the Workplace Health Booth #9. 15-minute appointments.
- Non-fasting (Fingerprick) TC / HDL, A1C
- Blood Pressure and BMI
- Review results and recommendations will be made
WELLNESS SPONSORMore Info
Sunday, August 25 at 12 PM Enjoy the spectacular views of the Samoset's 18-hole championship course. Shotgun start promptly at 12 PM on Sunday, August 25. $125/person, BOX LUNCH is included in the price. Great prizes to win. Awards ceremony will take place at Sunday's...read more
5:00 PM | Sunday, August 25 Join our opening reception. It's a great way to renew acquaintances and make new Comp Summit friends. Enjoy the delicious hors d'oeuvres and networking--poolside! Hosted by Concentraread more
Concentra! Concentra is a national health and wellness company that delivers a broad range of health services, including primary, preventive, urgent, and occupational care. Through innovative delivery channels, more than 330 national medical centers, and 270 worksite...read more