About Community Health Options
In March of 2012, Maine Community Health Options was elected by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services to start a new, nonprofit, Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan (CO-OP). Health Options provided health plans to people in Maine for the first time starting in January of 2014. The successful launch of Maine Community Health Options (MCHO) has provided new, Member-directed choices for individuals and businesses.
Health Options is dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality health benefits through productive partnerships with Members and a broad network of providers throughout our service area. We focus on strategies –such as aligned and effective care management and care integration – to improve the health and wellbeing of our Members.
Among our many achievements, we:
- Installed newly-elected Member Directors on our Board, ensuring that that governing body was truly Member-led
- Added InterMed, P.A., to our already extensive provider network
- Were named one of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Maine for the second time
- Achieved full NCQA certification
- Conducted Member orientation, focus group, and insurance literacy education sessions
- Continued to improve many aspects of our internal operations
- Broad, regional provider network that includes all Maine and New Hampshire hospitals and certain centers of excellence in Eastern Massachusetts
Members Have a Voice
Members play an important role in the management and development of our insurance plans. Being part of our Member-directed plan means that you have a say over the decisions that affect your health.
From preventive services to the management of chronic conditions, we make it easy to select a plan that enables you and your healthcare provider to make the best choices to maintain and improve your health.
Transparent and Nonprofit
We have worked closely with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Maine Bureau of Insurance to provide details of cost-savings measures as we rebuild our reserves and create a stronger future for this non-profit health insurance organization.
Broad Provider Network
We place value on the patient-provider relationship and believes it is central to delivering quality healthcare.
Members can choose from In-Network providers in Maine, New Hampshire, and select centers of excellence in Eastern Massachusetts.
High-quality, locally-based Member care
Our Member Services team provides answers you can trust and recognizes the importance of hard work, honesty, and local pride.