Everyone thrives when HR is on top of its game.
25th Anniversary of the Maine HR Convention
May 11-15, 2020
The Maine HR Convention celebrates beyond its 25th anniversary in 2020, and it has become the talk of the HR nation. The Convention consistently offers the best keynoters from around the country, creates imaginative, participatory workshops, awards a boatload of re-certification credits, and generates an atmosphere where HR careers and Maine workplaces thrive. This doesn’t happen by accident. Rather, it’s the result of a great collaboration between your host Strategic HR U.S. and Maine’s SHRM State Council and the eight affiliated chapters. Add the energy of 950+ participants and a showcase of sponsors and vendors, and you have a very good reason to join us at the 2020 Maine HR Convention.
Here are the 2020 attendee pass rates. There is a discounted rate for SHRM members and Maine SHRM chapter members.
Join us for ONE, TWO, THREE, or ALL FOUR days:
Sending FIVE or more attendees? Email Info@StrategicHRus.com for information on our group discount!
Accommodations at the Samoset
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of the Convention’s participants stay at many of the wonderful offsite locations Rockport and Rockland has to offer. The Samoset has a limited number of onsite rooms, just 178 rooms for our 950+ participants.
A special Samoset rooming code is required to obtain a room at the Samoset, which you will receive after you register to attend. We distribute codes on a first-come, first-served basis to Convention registrants.
BACK IN 2020: COURSES FOR YOUR COLLEAGUES
In addition to the jam-packed 4-Day Core Convention, invite your coworkers to join our dedicated programs:
TWO-DAY PROGRAM FOR BEGINNERS:
HR BASIC TRAINING – $525
Monday, May 11 – Tuesday, May 12, 2020
This two-day intensive program provides new-to-HR employees the fundamentals for a successful start to their careers, plus a taste of the Convention! Packed with sessions like:
- Develop Your HR Network & Reputation
- Dive Into the Employee Life Cycle: HR Skills and Overview
- Build Your Employment Law Knowledge Base
- HR/Business Follies: Mistakes I’ve Made So You Don’t Have To!
- Making Sense of the Overlap of ADA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation
- And MORE!
- Enjoy a Maine HR Convention keynote on the main stage Tuesday
- Access to book an overnight room at the Samoset Monday evening
- Conference meals and receptions included
ONE-DAY PROGRAM FOR FRONT-LINE MANAGERS:
SUPERVISOR DAY – $295
Friday, May 15, 2020
This one-day course empowers front-line managers to make smart, legal decisions on everything from harassment claims to FMLA issues. With training on:
- Hiring, Recruiting, and Interviews
- Performance Management
- Documentation & Record Keeping
- And MORE!
- Enjoy a Maine HR Convention keynote on the main stage Friday
- Access to book an overnight room at the Samoset Thursday evening
- Breakfast and lunch included
We are currently in the process of applying for recertification credits for the 2020 program.
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. We are approved for 23.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are approved by HRCI for 23.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 14.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
*The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Courage or Duty? I’ve been thinking about these two words – courage and duty – and how they apply to our lives at home and at work. In part because this May I’ll introduce the Maine HR Convention audience to Catherine Carr, an HR leader from Doctors Without Borders....
Maine HR Convention Mood Music Tracy Chapman absolutely torched the music world in the mid 90’s with this bluesy/rock number. Give Me One Reason burst onto the scene just in time for the first Maine HR Convention 25 years ago. With a beat that goes straight to the...
All We Have is Time A New Year Wish from the Maine HR Convention Poets and philosophers sing this loud and clear – all we have is time. It rings truer as New Year approaches and we think about what has been and what will be. What has been. As Maine HR...