Everyone thrives when HR is on top of its game.
The following information is from the completed 2020 event. Please check back in the fall for details on next year.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update:
We’ve never been prouder to serve the Maine HR Community than we are today.
Every moment of your time is precious, and we will accommodate you with a very flexible Maine HR Convention. The Virtual+ platform provides additional programming, amplifies connections, and creates an oasis for you.
See the EXECUTIVE SUMMARY below for program details.
If ever there was a time to “make a difference” in the lives of your employees, for your employer, and for your communities – it is now! Thanks for the amazing work you do, and now, we want to do our part.
Maine HR Convention Curator
- The event will follow a live virtual schedule during Convention week
- ADD-ON: Speaker presentations will be available after the conference – so there’s
no pressure to join us for every minute of the experience. It also means that for twelve months, you will have “On Demand” access to the workshop you planned to attend AND to the concurrent workshops.
- ADD-ON: We have added an additional HR Convention Summer Speaker Series to continue the professional development well beyond Convention week.
- Virtual networking includes small group “roundtable” sessions and one-on-one “speed networking” through an easy-to-use video chat, as well as direct messaging, group chats, and more.
- Business Partners exhibit in our virtual EXPO hall, provide additional educational opportunities and resources.
- ADD-ON: An exclusive online community is available for Maine HR professionals before, during, and after the event for participants from across the state to connect, share best practices, and continue the conversation.
25th Anniversary of the Maine HR Convention
May 11-15, 2020
The Maine HR Convention celebrates beyond its 25th anniversary in 2020, and it has become the talk of the HR nation. The Convention consistently offers the best keynoters from around the country, creates imaginative, participatory workshops, awards a boatload of re-certification credits, and generates an atmosphere where HR careers and Maine workplaces thrive. This doesn’t happen by accident. Rather, it’s the result of a great collaboration between your host Strategic HR U.S. and Maine’s SHRM State Council and the eight affiliated chapters. Add the energy of 950+ participants and a showcase of sponsors and vendors, and you have a very good reason to join us at the 2020 Maine HR Convention.
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN
Maine SHRM Awards 2020
Nominate a deserving Human Resources Professional for the SHRM Maine State Council’s HR Awards Program!
TWO-DAY PROGRAM FOR BEGINNERS:
HR BASIC TRAINING
Monday, May 11 – Tuesday, May 12, 2020
This two-day intensive program provides new-to-HR employees the fundamentals for a successful start to their careers, plus a taste of the Convention! Packed with sessions like:
- Develop Your HR Network & Reputation
- Dive Into the Employee Life Cycle: HR Skills and Overview
- Build Your Employment Law Knowledge Base
- HR/Business Follies: Mistakes I’ve Made So You Don’t Have To!
- Making Sense of the Overlap of ADA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation
- And MORE!
ONE-DAY PROGRAM FOR FRONT-LINE MANAGERS:
POSTPONED – New Date TBD
This one-day course empowers front-line managers to make smart, legal decisions on everything from harassment claims to FMLA issues. With training on:
- Hiring, Recruiting, and Interviews
- Performance Management
- Documentation & Record Keeping
- And MORE!
We have received approval for the following recertification credits for the 2020 program:
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. We are approved for 23.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are approved by HRCI for 23.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 14.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
We are actively exploring additional credits for the “On-Demand” sessions available post-event.
*The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
George Floyd. Breonna Taylor. Ahmaud Arbery. We say their names. Not just as the stewards for diversity & inclusion within our organizations, but because we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of employees and our neighbors. The events of the past...
Courage or Duty? I’ve been thinking about these two words – courage and duty – and how they apply to our lives at home and at work. In part because this May I’ll introduce the Maine HR Convention audience to Catherine Carr, an HR leader from Doctors Without Borders....
Maine HR Convention Mood Music Tracy Chapman absolutely torched the music world in the mid 90’s with this bluesy/rock number. Give Me One Reason burst onto the scene just in time for the first Maine HR Convention 25 years ago. With a beat that goes straight to the...