FAQ’s & Key Convention Information
- Please visit this page frequently for updates
- Contact the CONVENTION TEAM with your questions
- Registered attendees will also receive monthly e-updates with important information
How do I register for the Convention?
- Registration is now open for the 25th Anniversary Maine HR Convention!
How do I get a room at the Samoset?
- The majority of the Convention’s participants stay at many of the wonderful offsite locations Rockport and Rockland have to offer. The Samoset has a limited number of onsite rooms, just 178 rooms for our 950+ participants! Visit our Accommodations page for more information on the Samoset as well as other nearby properties.
What do you get with an attendee Convention pass?
- Attendee registration includes access to all workshops, plenary sessions, keynotes and session materials for the days you are registered. You also may join the receptions, entertainment, and meals on the days for which you are registered.
- Attendees staying at an offsite location will have access to the health club and pool at the Samoset.
Meals provided by the Convention include:
- LUNCH Tuesday through Friday; BREAKFAST Wednesday through Friday; RECEPTIONS Tuesday through Thursday. Dinner is on your own.
What is the dress code at the Convention?
- Business casual attire is suggested.
- Meeting rooms can get chilly, plan accordingly and bring layers!
- Limit the use of colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to help your fellow attendees with sensitivities.
We are currently in the process of applying for recertification credits for the 2020 program.
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. We are approved for 23.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are applying to HRCI for 23.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 14.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
Early Arrival Check-in on Monday of Convention Week.
- Arriving early to the Samoset? On Monday of Convention week, take advantage of our Early Registration and homecoming conversations from 2-5pm in the front lobby.
MAKE CONNECTIONS, with your local HR Chapter and your fellow HR peers.
- We work hard to provide the best HR education and a memorable Convention experience, but much of the value of this Convention is in your hands. Share your special HR talents and tips with your peers. There is a local HR chapter near you, TAKE A PEEK. Attendees will also have access to an ATTENDEE NETWORKING PAGE and modified attendee listing in early April. Stay Tuned for more information.
Special Breastfeeding & Pumping Room
- For New Moms Attending the Convention – and it’s not in the bathroom or in a closet! Check-in with the Convention registration desk for access information.
- A guest staying with you is welcome to utilize the Mobile Hub, enjoy the complimentary coffee from Bard and gelato from Gorgeous Gelato, and take advantage of the special Convention spa rate.
Book time at the Spa
- The resort spa is offering a 15% discount to HR Convention attendees! Contact the spa at (207) 593-1575 to book an appointment.