FAQ’s & Key Convention Information
- Please visit this page frequently for updates
- Contact the CONVENTION TEAM with your questions
- Registered attendees will also receive monthly e-updates with important information
What do you get with an attendee Virtual+ Convention pass?
- For each day you are registered for the Convention, you’ll receive online access to:
- Main Stage Keynote Sessions
- Enjoy each Keynote session with a live, moderated Q&A, and interactive chat with the speaker.
- Live Breakout Sessions
- Participate in live workshops. Ask presenters questions, answer polls, and get access to supplemental materials.
- Given the current situation, it is possible that a session or two might be replaced with comparable content and posted for viewing after the Convention.
- Reception & Networking Time
- Virtual networking opportunities include small group “roundtable” sessions and one-on-one “speed networking” through an easy-to-use video chat.
- Swap contact information with the push of a button to continue the conversation!
- Not set up with a webcam? Messaging, chat rooms, and discussion boards extend connection opportunities.
- We will also provide helpful tutorials on how to use each of the tools at your disposal, as well as tips and best practices to take your online conversations to the next level.
- HR EXPO Booths
- Each sponsor will have a dedicated online “Booth” with their company’s contact information, product offerings, video, weblinks, and more.
- Chat with a live representative from their staff through video chat or messaging features right at the booth!
- Interested in learning more, but your schedule is slammed? Share your information with one click to connect at a later time.
- Conference Amenities
- WELLNESS: Join online yoga classes, guided breathing exercises, and one-on-one coaching all from the comfort of your home office or living room.
- PHOTO BOOTH: Gingersnap Photobooth joins us ONLINE for a virtual photo booth experience.
- BOOKSTORE: Check out the latest titles from the 2020 Keynoters and a few other recommended readings from Sherman’s Bookstore.
- Mobile App
- As always, access the Convention schedule, materials, speaker listings, networking, EXPO offerings and more – right at your fingertips on the Convention Mobile App.
- HR Convention In-A-Box
- A care package sent directly to you, with your Conference Tote Bag, printed Resource Guide, Sponsor goodies, and a gift from the Maine HR Convention Team! (This package may arrive after the Convention, depending on the ability to assemble and ship.)
- ADDED: On-Demand Recorded Sessions
- Did you miss a Live session or two?
- That’s OK! – ALL KEYNOTE AND BREAKOUT SESSIONS will be recorded and available on-demand for attendees for ONE YEAR after the Convention.
- ADDED: HR Convention Summer Speaker Series
- Throughout the Summer, we will be producing an additional webinar series with your fan-favorite speakers, as well as some new voices — delivered right to your inbox!
- ADDED: Maine HR Online Community Forum
- Before, during, and after the event – you will have access to an exclusive online community for Maine HR professionals.
- The community will include:
- 2020 Maine HR Convention Content
- Participatory Community Discussion Forums to connect with peers across the state and share best practices
- A Virtual EXPO Resource Center
- And more!
- Main Stage Keynote Sessions
- We have received approval for the following recertification credits for the 2020 program:
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. We are approved for 23.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are approved by HRCI for 23.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 14.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
We are actively exploring additional credits for the “On-Demand” sessions available post-event.
MAKE CONNECTIONS, with your local HR Chapter and your fellow HR peers.
- We work hard to provide the best HR education and a memorable Convention experience, but much of the value of this Convention is in your hands. Share your special HR talents and tips with your peers. There is a local HR chapter near you, TAKE A PEEK.