FAQ’s & Key Convention Information
- Please visit this page frequently for updates
- Contact the CONVENTION TEAM with your questions
- Registered attendees will also receive monthly e-updates with important information
How do I register for the Convention?
- Registration is now open! Follow the link to our online registration portal. Check out the schedule page to determine which courses you would like to select during concurrent sessions.
How do I get a room at the Samoset?
- The majority of the Convention’s participants stay at many of the wonderful offsite locations Rockport and Rockland has to offer. The Samoset has a limited number of onsite rooms, just 178 rooms for our 850+ participants! Visit our Accommodations page for more information on the Samoset as well as other nearby properties.
What do you get with an attendee Convention pass?
- Attendee registration includes access to all workshops, plenary sessions, keynotes and session materials for the days you are registered. You also may join the receptions, entertainment, and meals on the days for which you are registered.
Meals provided by the Convention include:
- LUNCH Tuesday through Friday; BREAKFAST Wednesday through Friday; RECEPTIONS Tuesday through Thursday. Dinner is on your own.
What is the dress code at the Convention?
- Business casual attire is suggested.
- Meeting rooms can get chilly, plan accordingly and bring layers!
- Limit the use of colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to help your fellow attendees with sensitivities.
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. We are pre-approved for 23.25 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are pre-approved by HRCI for 23.25 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 16.0 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
Early Arrival Check-in on Monday of Convention Week.
- Arriving early to the Samoset? On Monday of Convention week, take advantage of our Early Registration and homecoming conversations from 2-5pm in the front lobby.
MAKE CONNECTIONS, with your local HR Chapter and your fellow HR peers.
- We work hard to provide the best HR education and a memorable Convention experience, but much of the value of this Convention is in your hands. Share your special HR talents and tips with your peers. There is a local HR chapter near you, TAKE A PEEK. Attendees will also have access to an ATTENDEE NETWORKING PAGE and modified attendee listing in early April. Stay Tuned for more information.
JOIN THE ANTHEM WELLNESS CHALLENGE & OTHER WELLNESS OPPORTUNITIES!
Attend an Anthem Sponsored Wellness Event and be entered to win GREAT PRIZES! TO ENTER TO WIN: Simply drop a business card in the Anthem Wellness Box after an Anthem sponsored wellness session. The more you practice wellness, the greater your chances of winning!
- JOIN THE ANTHEM WELLNESS CHALLENGE: Put yourself on the track to better health with this fun, four-day challenge powered by Keep America Active. Open to anyone that is attending one or more days. Simply register and track your wellness activities during the Convention through your own wearable or mobile device you could win great prizes! Online registration for the Anthem Wellness Challenge.
- The are other Wellness opportunities sprinkled throughout the Convention week. Sign-up will be available onsite at the Convention Registration Desk for some activities.
- Gentle Yoga on Wednesday and Thursday mornings with Convention Wellness Guru Beth Bielat. Sign-up will be available onsite at the Convention Registration Desk.
- Good Morning & Afternoon Strolls with Anthem BCBS on Wednesday and Thursday. Join the Anthem Wellness Team for a morning or afternoon walk and fresh air. Guaranteed to wake you up, get the blood flowing, and get more steps in! Walks dependent upon weather, please wear comfortable walking shoes and enough layers. Meet in the Hotel Lobby!
- Morning Stroll: 6:45am – 7:15am
- Afternoon Stroll: 2:00pm – 2:45pm
- Complimentary private LifeBreath wellness sessions Wednesday & Thursday. Convention Wellness Guru Beth Bielat conducts her signature program. It’s a superb wellness tool you can call on any time to harness your mental focus and emotional and physical well-being. By appointment only. Email Info@StrategicHRus.com for instructions to sign up.
- Complimentary Wellness Coaching: New this year at the HR Convention is Health and Wellness Coaching! Health and Wellness Coaching is an opportunity for you to make a lifestyle change under the guidance of a certified coach, Sarah O’Blenes. From setting exercise goals, researching new recipes, or finding out the reason you feel “stuck”, coaching helps you find your own motivation for lifestyle modification. You will leave the session with attainable action steps for making positive change. By appointment only. Email Info@StrategicHRus.com for instructions to sign up.
Special Breastfeeding & Pumping Room
- For New Moms Attending the Convention – and it’s not in the bathroom or in a closet! Check-in with the Convention registration desk for access information.
- A guest staying with you is welcome to utilize the Mobile Hub, enjoy the complimentary coffee from Bard and gelato from Gorgeous Gelato, and take advantage of the special Convention golf rate and spa rate.