Here’s an attendee guide to frequently asked questions, plus other key Convention information. Please visit this page frequently for updates and contact the CONVENTION TEAM with your questions. Registered attendees will also receive monthly e-updates with important Convention information.
How do I register for the Convention?
- Registration opens in January 2019! Until then, you can join our “Hold a Seat” list. Email Info@StrategicHRus.com and mark the subject line “Hold a Seat for me at HRC19!” You’ll receive special advance notice of the opening of online registration next year, providing you first access to overnight accommodations at the Samoset and first access to course selection.
How do I get a room at the Samoset?
- The majority of the Convention’s participants stay at many of the wonderful offsite locations Rockport and Rockland has to offer. The Samoset has a limited number of onsite rooms, just 178 rooms for our 850+ participants! Visit our Accommodations page for more information on the Samoset as well as other nearby properties.
What do you get with an attendee Convention pass?
- Attendee registration includes access to all workshops, plenary sessions, keynotes and session materials for the days you are registered. You also may join the receptions, entertainment, and meals on the days for which you are registered.
Meals provided by the Convention include:
- LUNCH Tuesday through Friday; BREAKFAST Wednesday through Friday; RECEPTIONS Tuesday through Thursday. Dinner is on your own.
What is the dress code at the Convention?
- Business casual attire is suggested.
- Meeting rooms can get chilly, plan accordingly and bring layers!
- Limit the use of colognes, perfumes or other scented or chemical products to help your fellow attendees with sensitivities.
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. The 2018 program is pre-approved for 23.75 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are also approved by HRCI for 23.75 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 15.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
Early Arrival Check-in on Monday of Convention Week.
- Arriving early to the Samoset? On Monday of Convention week, take advantage of our Early Registration and homecoming conversations from 2-5pm in the front lobby.
MAKE CONNECTIONS, with your local HR Chapter and your fellow HR peers.
- We work hard to provide the best HR education and a memorable Convention experience, but much of the value of this Convention is in your hands. Share your special HR talents and tips with your peers. There is a local HR chapter near you, TAKE A PEEK. Attendees will also have access to an ATTENDEE NETWORKING PAGE and modified attendee listing in early April. Stay Tuned for more information.
JOIN THE ANTHEM WELLNESS CHALLENGE & OTHER WELLNESS OPPORTUNITIES!
New this year! Attend an Anthem Sponsored Wellness Event and be entered into our Sea Bag raffle! Simply drop a business card in our Anthem Wellness Box after Anthem sponsored wellness sessions and be entered to win a Sea Bag. The more you practice wellness, the greater your chances of winning!
- Put yourself on the track to better health with this fun, four-day challenge powered by Keep America Active. By just simply registering and taking part in this year’s Anthem Wellness Challenge, you could win great prizes! Registration for the Anthem Wellness Challenge will begin in April 23 at https://anthemwellnesschallenge.keepamericaactive.com .
- The are other Wellness opportunities sprinkled throughout the Convention week including: Gentle Yoga on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, Good Morning Stroll with Anthem BCBS on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, complimentary private LifeBreath wellness sessions, and afternoon Wellness Bursts on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Sign-up will be available onsite at the Convention Registration Desk.
Career Coaching Offered During the Convention
Tuesday Afternoon, all-day Wednesday and Thursday
Private, confidential, individual career counseling appointments with an experienced career professional from Heart At Work Associates. Discuss your career direction,
assess your options, review your resume, or strategize for that promotion or raise.
Interested in this opportunity? Contact Attendee Liaison, Rachel Burgard to schedule a session.
Special Breastfeeding & Pumping Room
- For New Moms Attending the Convention – and it’s not in the bathroom or in a closet! Check-in with the Convention registration desk for access information.
- A guest staying with you is welcome to utilize the Mobile Hub, enjoy the complimentary coffee from Bard and gelato from Gorgeous Gelato, and take advantage of the special Convention golf rate.
Circle back to the CONVENTION TEAM with any questions or to learn more about how to make the most out of your Convention experience.