Maine HR Convention: May 7-10, 2019 – Samoset Resort, Rockport, ME
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the 2018 Convention!
The following information is from the completed event. Check back in the fall for updates on the 2019 Convention.
Convince Your Boss
5 Steps to Convince Your Boss that #HRC18 is for You
Step 1: Get Goal-Setting!
- First, take some time to reflect: what are you looking to achieve at the Maine HR Convention this year? How will it benefit your company?
- Write down your top 3 goals in attending the event.
Step 2: Select Your Sessions
- What are the challenges your organization is facing this year? Recruitment? Legal Compliance? HR Strategy?
- Check out the Maine HR Convention Schedule and use our course tracks to help select which of the 50+ sessions are right for you.
Step 3: Emphasize Your Education
- HR is evolving rapidly – with complicated policies and ever-changing legislation, it is vital to stay on top of the current workplace landscape.
- The Convention offers a bounty of recertification credits for both SHRM and HRCI, all in one place! We are pre-approved for 23.75 PDC’s towards SHRM CP & SCP recertification, and pre-approved by HRCI for 23.75 GENERAL credits towards PHR and SPHR, and 15.75 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
Step 4: Find Your Fixes
- In the market for a new payroll system, background check services, ATS, wellness solutions or other vendor?
- With countless sponsors and exhibitors, you’ll have the opportunity to compare HR solutions throughout the week.
Step 5: Write the Request
- If your boss prefers a written request – use our template! Feel free to customize the draft to fit your personal needs.
- Follow up with a brief meeting to make your case in person. Be prepared to explain your goals for benefiting the organization.