An Attendee Guide to Frequently Asked Questions & Useful Information
Here’s a 2019 attendee guide to frequently asked questions plus, other key Retreat information. Please visit this page frequently for updates and Contact the Retreat Team with your questions.
New to the Mt. Washington Retreat? If you are interested in a one-on-one conversation on how to make the most of your Retreat experience, email Info@StrategicHRus.com and we’ll schedule a call.
What do you get with a Retreat pass?
- Attendee registration includes access to all workshops, plenary sessions, keynotes, session materials, receptions, entertainment, and Retreat meals.
- NEW for 2019: Saturday Wellness Experiences. For attendees arriving early, your Retreat pass allows you participation in our Wellness Afternoon from 1-4 pm. Activities include yoga, hiking, and more! Check back for programming updates.
Meals provided by the Retreat include
- BREAKFAST Monday and Tuesday; LUNCH Monday and Tuesday; RECEPTIONS Sunday and Monday. DINNER Sunday night. Optional Brunch on Sunday Morning if you select this session within your online registration.
Guest Privileges and Guest Dinner Tickets for Sunday’s Dinner
- A guest staying with you may join the Sunday and Monday receptions and evening entertainment. Sunday guest dinner tickets are available for purchase through your online registration ($75 per ticket).
- The concierge desk has information on your Monday night restaurant choices, in-house activities, and nearby adventures. Phone number: 1-603-278-8989.
Resort Shuttle Service Available
- There is on-demand shuttle service to all onsite resort facilities including service to Bretton Arms Inn, Townhomes, The Lodge, and Fabyan’s Restaurant.
- Business casual is suggested. Please note: no jeans or tennis shoes permitted when dining on Sunday and Monday evenings in the formal dining room. It is recommended to bring warm clothes. We’ve experienced flurries in past years, and you don’t want to miss the great outdoors while in the mountains.
The Mobile App – available in early-October.
- Dramatically enhance your efficiency, mobility, and networking before, during, and after the Retreat! With our Mobile App, everything about the Retreat is available on that smart phone or tablet you are already carrying AND accessible via computer or laptop. You’ll have instant access to the schedule, session materials, virtual business cards for networking with fellow attendees, contact information for speakers, sponsors, and more!
Need Session Materials?
- Session materials are made available through the Mobile App. Session materials are not made available in paper form. You have the ability to access the Mobile App through a desktop and print items you want to print and bring with you to the Retreat. Feel free to contact us with any questions!
- We are in the process of submitting the 2019 program for credit approval.
- SHRM RECERTIFICATION: We are a SHRM preferred provider. The 2019 program is pre-approved for 16.5 PDC’s towards SHRM CP and SCP recertification.
- HRCI RECERTIFICATION: We are pre-approved for 16.5 GENERAL credits for PHR and SPHR, and 14.25 BUSINESS credits towards SPHR recertification.
How do I select or change my workshop sessions?
Should I choose my sessions before the Retreat?
- Concurrent workshop sessions fill up quickly. We recommend that you choose your sessions in advance. Attendees can make session selections or modify selections by accessing their online registration. Instructions are available in your registration confirmation email. Email Info@StrategicHRus.com to request another copy of your confirmation email.
Breastfeeding & Pumping Room for New Moms, we have a special room for that!
- And it’s not in the bathroom or in a closet. Visit the registration desk for a key.
MEET YOUR BUSINESS RESOURCE PARTNERS!
- Visit the HR Marketplace. Our Retreat sponsors are not only supporting the HR community, they are your business partners and may have the solution to your organization’s needs. Get to know our business partners BEFORE THE EVENT. Invest time to get to know our solution providers in person. Who knows, you may win something fabulous!
MAKE CONNECTIONS, with your local SHRM State Council and Chapter and your fellow HR peers.
- We work hard to provide the best HR education and a memorable Retreat experience, but much of the value of this Retreat is in your hands. Share your special HR talents and tips with your peers. There is a local HR chapter near you. TAKE A PEEK. Attendees will also have access to an ATTENDEE NETWORKING PAGE and modified attendee listing in early October. Stay tuned for more information.
WHILE YOU’RE AT THE RETREAT…
- Recharge devices in the Mobile Hub
- Grab complimentary Barista coffee at the Bard Coffee station
- Enjoy evening entertainment on Sunday night in The Cave!
- Relax in a massage chair in the Conservatory
- Browse our pop-up Bookstore courtesy of White Birch Books
- Join in on a Parlor Game on Monday Night
Book time at the Spa
- The resort spa is offering a 20% discount to Strategic HR attendees! Contact the spa at (603) 278-4286 to book an appointment.
Enjoy some late-season GOLF!
- The Donald Ross Mount Washington Golf Course is offering 20% off cart and green fees on Saturday and Sunday for Strategic HR attendees! Advanced tee time bookings are encouraged and may be made by calling (603) 278-4653.
Cancellation/Attendance Change Policy
A registrant unable to attend may send a replacement. Attendee passes may NOT be split among multiple replacements. A registrant who cancels prior to October 1 may take a credit towards next year’s Retreat. NO REFUNDS. Attendee cancellations and name changes can be made by contacting us at: Info@strategichrus.com | (207) 761-8350
Omni’s Onsite Accommodation Cancellation Policy – If you cancel within seven days there will be a one-night and tax cancellation fee.
Circle back to the RETREAT TEAM with any questions on these event experiences or to learn more about how to make the most out of your Retreat experience.