August HR Book Club Series
Included with Registration to attendees who sign up by July 31.
(You don’t have to read the book – but you’ll want to!)
For your summer learning pleasure, we offer this BONUS for early registrants: Thought-provoking conversations with great keynote speakers from the past and future favorites.
- Hosted Online
- August 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, and 21
- 9:00-10:00AM, Eastern
- Recorded for on-demand viewing
On the Calendar:
- August 5, 2020 – Margaret Heffernan – You may remember her bravura performance at Mt. Washington several years ago. Or maybe you’ve been one of the ten million people to view her TedTalks. She’ll join us from across the pond (London, England) to discuss a couple of her acclaimed books: Willful Blindness and the soon to be released, Uncharted. The former schooled in this question: Why do we so often ignore the obvious at our own peril? The latter speaking to the efficiency myth and why we often take the wrong lessons from history.
- August 7, 2020 – Eric Weiner – Eric is an author, a Peabody award-winning broadcaster, and a more than charming curmudgeon. He was an international correspondent for NPR for many years and has written for the New York Times, Washington Post, Slate, and the New Republic. In addition to The Geography of Genius, he is the author of the soon to be released The Socrates Express. Both books are delightful travel logs, the first an exploration of brilliance and creativity, the second a dive into the value of philosophy.
- August 12, 2020 – Aaron Dignan – He has studied organizations and teams with a new way of working that prioritizes adaptivity and autonomy over efficiency and control. Aaron contends that teams everywhere need to join them in the future of work. Founder of The Ready—a global organizational transformation and coaching practice—he helps companies large and small adopt new forms of self-organization and dynamic teaming. He will be discussing his book, Brave New Work.
- August 14, 2020 – Neha Sangwan, MD, or as we call her – Dr. Neha! It’s a good time for a different kind of medicine, as we grapple with a broad range of mental and physical health issues in light of Covid-19. Dr. Neha has ventured where only a small part of the medical community has traveled – to our hearts and souls. She’ll join us from Boston to talk about the central tenets of her book, Talk Rx: 5 Steps to Honest Conversations that Create Connections, Health, and Happiness, and its applicability to HR at the moment. Dr. Neha will join us this October at the conference.
- August 19, 2020 – Eric M. Bailey – Eric joined us on stage this spring as a keynote speaker at the Maine HR Convention. He is President of Bailey Strategic Innovation Group and created the Principles of Human Understanding™, a communication methodology based in brain science and psychology. Eric is the bestselling author of The Cure for Stupidity and has been featured on Huffington Post and Forbes.
- August 21, 2020 – Nancy Lyons – As CEO of an award-winning agency, Clockwork, she has hands-on experience building people-centered work cultures. Her two books, Work Like a Boss and Interactive Project Management, help individuals and teams improve their work experiences through empathy, humility, and action. She was named one of Minneapolis’s Most Admired CEOs and has been featured on Minnesota Public Radio and NBC Nightly News.
Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC