A system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community.
Our staff continues to work remotely. Please visit the Contact Us page or email Info@StrategicHRus.com to get in touch.
We’re Returning to the Samoset!
September 22 and 23, 2021
THE NEWS. Arrangements are in place with the Samoset Resort for a creative return to the annual workers’ compensation conference, known as Comp Summit.
PRIORITY. Your well-being is our first concern. Protocols will be in place to enhance your experience and your safety, and we will keep you informed every step of the way. The conference flow will reflect that – the exact rules, such as social distancing and masking, may evolve as the event is still several months away. Right now, we plan to use the two major ballrooms and the outdoor tent to ensure a safe conference flow. Favorable trends suggest we can create a welcoming environment similar to the past onsite experience.
- Content. The conference will open for afternoon sessions on 9/22 with a full day of classes on 9/23. As always, programming will be designed for the entire community (insurance, legal, medical, case management, public policy and the WCB, and human resources.) A golf tournament will be included along with reception, breakfast, lunch, and optional lobster bake dinner.
- Accommodation. We are holding the overnight rooms for the night of 9/22, with a few extra rooms for the night prior to and after the conference. These rooms do not become available until the opening of registration later in June! So please don’t try to book your room now.
- BUDGET. To celebrate our return to the Samoset, conference registration will be only $395/person. (In 2019 that rate was $525). Overnight rooms starting at $195 + tax and service. Golf tournament: $125.
Please join the Hold-a-Seat list, which will guarantee you first notice of registration opening and priority for overnight accommodations.
Is your organization interested in a SPONSORSHIP? Please contact Shannon@StrategicHRus.com
A Collaborative Approach to Workers’ Comp
Comp Summit is Maine’s annual, system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community. Each year we crunch the numbers, parse the language of the statute, and look to the future. The quality education at this conference reaches the legal community, occupational health and wellness providers, insurers and adjusters, case managers, and Maine employers and employees alike. We seek continuing education credit for Maine attorneys, case managers (CCM), and human resource professionals (SHRM CP and SHRM SCP credit and HRCI general credit).
Our mission is the pursuit of common ground for injured workers, Maine employers and the Workers’ Compensation Board. We analyze the law’s impact on a tactical “day to day” basis and its strategic impact on employee rights, the business climate in Maine, and the grand bargain that created workers’ compensation systems in the first place.
The following information is from the completed 2019 event. Please check back in the spring for details on the 2021 conference.
2019 Continuing Education Credits
We are in the process of obtaining credit approval for Maine attorneys (CLEs), HR professionals (SHRM & HRCI), and Case Managers (CCMC) for the 2019 program.
- Maine Attorneys: Approved for 15.5 CLEs, 1.25 of which is for Harassment & Discrimination credit.
- HR Credits: Approved for 14.5 SHRM-PDC’s credits and 14.5 HRCI general credits, along with 1.25 HRCI business credits.
- Case Managers (CCMC): Approved for 15.5 credits.
New This Year! Wellness Opportunities
There are Wellness opportunities sprinkled throughout the day on Monday at this year’s Comp Summit. Special thank you to our Wellness Sponsor: Workplace Health at MaineGeneral Health.
- Monday Morning Group Run or Group Stroll with the Workplace Health Wellness Team. Go on a 30-minute run or stroll. Run led by Wellness Manager, Phil DiRusso. Stroll led by a Workplace Health Coach. Guaranteed to wake you up and get the blood flowing.
- MONDAY MORNING | 6:45 AM – 7:15 AM | Meet in the hotel lobby | Dependent upon the weather, please wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Monday Afternoon Stretch Break. Need a quick stretch? Learn effective stretches from a Workplace Health Coach.
- MONDAY AFTERNOON | 2:30 PM – 2:40 PM | Meet at the Workplace Health Booth #9.
- Health Screenings offered at the Workplace Health Booth #9. 15-minute appointments.
- Non-fasting (Fingerprick) TC / HDL, A1C
- Blood Pressure and BMI
- Review results and recommendations will be made
The Maine Comp Summit is Partnering with Kids’ Chance of Maine to Raise Money. Bring some CASH to donate to this great cause.
The mission of Kids’ Chance is to provide educational scholarships for children of Maine workers who have been seriously injured or killed in a workplace accident. Bring some cash to enter into several raffles for a chance to win great prizes! Prizes include: autographed book by Stephen King, $100 gift card to LL Bean, One-Night Stay at Samoset Resort plus a $50 resort-wide gift card, $100 gift card to Jonathan Douglas Salon & Relaxation Studio, Golf at Purpoodock Country Club, Six seats behind Homeplate at a Sea Dogs Game, AND MORE! $20 for FIVE Tickets or $40 for 15 tickets. Enter tickets into whatever you want to win. Raffle ticket numbers will be announced at the Monday evening that begins at 5 pm. Winning tickets must be presented at the time of raffle drawing. The Comp Summit Team will match a $500 donation when the $500 mark is reached!