A system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community.
The following information is from the completed 2021 event. Please check back in the spring for details on next year.
We’re Returning to the Samoset!
September 22 and 23, 2021
THE NEWS. Arrangements are in place with the Samoset Resort for a creative return to the annual workers’ compensation conference, known as Comp Summit.
PRIORITY. Your well-being is our first concern. Protocols will be in place to enhance your experience and your safety, and we will keep you informed every step of the way. The conference flow will reflect that – the exact rules, such as social distancing and masking, may evolve as the event is still several months away. Right now, we plan to use the two major ballrooms and the outdoor tent to ensure a safe conference flow. Favorable trends suggest we can create a welcoming environment similar to the past onsite experience.
- Content. The conference will open for afternoon sessions on 9/22 with a full day of classes on 9/23. As always, programming will be designed for the entire community (insurance, legal, medical, case management, public policy and the WCB, and human resources.) A golf tournament will be included along with reception, breakfast, lunch, and optional BBQ dinner.
- Accommodation. We are holding the overnight rooms for the night of 9/22, with a few extra rooms for the night prior to and after the conference.
- BUDGET. To celebrate our return to the Samoset, conference registration will be only $395/person. (In 2019 that rate was $525).
- Overnight rooms starting at $199 + tax and service.
- Golf tournament: $125pp.
- Welcome BBQ: $50pp.
Is your organization interested in a SPONSORSHIP? Please contact Shannon@StrategicHRus.com
A Collaborative Approach to Workers’ Comp
Comp Summit is Maine’s annual, system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community. Each year we crunch the numbers, parse the language of the statute, and look to the future. The quality education at this conference reaches the legal community, occupational health and wellness providers, insurers and adjusters, case managers, and Maine employers and employees alike. We seek continuing education credit for Maine attorneys, and human resource professionals (SHRM CP and SHRM SCP credit and HRCI general credit).
Our mission is the pursuit of common ground for injured workers, Maine employers and the Workers’ Compensation Board. We analyze the law’s impact on a tactical “day to day” basis and its strategic impact on employee rights, the business climate in Maine, and the grand bargain that created workers’ compensation systems in the first place.
2021 Continuing Education Credits
We are approved for the following recertification credits for the 2021 program:
- Maine Attorneys: Approved for 9.25 CLEs, 1.0 of which is for ethics credits and 1.0 for harassment/discrimination OR ethics.
- HR Credits: Approved for 7.25 SHRM-PDC’s credits and 7.25 HRCI general credits.
Cancellation and Credit Policy
- If you are unable to participate, your seat for the 2021 conference can be transferred to anyone of your choosing at no charge; or
- For cancellations received by September 7, 2021, you may take a credit towards any of our programs in this or the next calendar year.
For cancellations received after September 7, 2021, no credit is available with the exception of health or personal emergencies.
There are no refunds for cancellations by registrants, however, if the conference is cancelled, registrants will have the option of a refund or credit towards any of our online or in-person conferences in this or the next calendar year.
COVID AND HEALTH PROTOCOLS
(As of September 1, 2021)
Vaccine/Testing. All participants must show proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from a test taken within 72 hours of the start of the conference (i.e. test cannot be earlier than Sunday, September 19, 2021) and attest that they are symptom-free.
Masks. We will require the use of masks by participants (regardless of vaccination status) during indoor conference activities except as appropriate in designated areas (e.g., while eating or drinking). Masks are welcomed in outdoor settings.
Other Precaution. We will hold as many of the presentations in outdoor settings as possible. And, we will work with the Samoset staff to provide as safe an environment as possible.
The Comp Summit Golf Tournament Returns in 2021! September 22 · 12:00 PM Shotgun Start · BOX LUNCH INCLUDED! Enjoy the spectacular views of the Samoset's 18-hole championship course. BOX LUNCH is included in the price, available for pick up at 11:15 AM. Great prizes...
George Floyd. Breonna Taylor. Ahmaud Arbery. We say their names. Not just as the stewards for diversity & inclusion within our organizations, but because we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of employees and our neighbors. The events of the past...