A system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community.
Our staff continues to work remotely. Please visit the Contact Us page or email Info@StrategicHRus.com to get in touch.
Save the Date for September 22-24, 2021
We hope for a joyous return to the Samoset Resort in September 2021, where the disparate components of Maine’s workers’ compensation system will assemble. We certainly plan to provide you with the valued education you have come to expect from the Comp Summit event, as well as a safe and welcoming conference experience.
Special thanks to our friends at the Workers’ Compensation Board and all the attendees, faculty members, and sponsors who have supported this conference throughout its hiatus.
Look for additional information in the next few months. Of course, we’ll continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation and follow all protocols to determine whether the conference will be onsite, virtual, or some combination thereof. Until then, please be well, be safe, and continue to make a difference in the lives of the people your work affects.
Curator for the Maine Comp Summit
A Collaborative Approach to Workers’ Comp
Comp Summit is Maine’s annual, system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community. Each year we crunch the numbers, parse the language of the statute, and look to the future. The quality education at this conference reaches the legal community, occupational health and wellness providers, insurers and adjusters, case managers, and Maine employers and employees alike. We seek continuing education credit for Maine attorneys, case managers (CCM), and human resource professionals (SHRM CP and SHRM SCP credit and HRCI general credit).
Our mission is the pursuit of common ground for injured workers, Maine employers and the Workers’ Compensation Board. We analyze the law’s impact on a tactical “day to day” basis and its strategic impact on employee rights, the business climate in Maine, and the grand bargain that created workers’ compensation systems in the first place.
The following information is from the completed 2019 event. Please check back in the spring for details on next year.
2019 Continuing Education Credits
We are in the process of obtaining credit approval for Maine attorneys (CLEs), HR professionals (SHRM & HRCI), and Case Managers (CCMC) for the 2019 program.
- Maine Attorneys: Approved for 15.5 CLEs, 1.25 of which is for Harassment & Discrimination credit.
- HR Credits: Approved for 14.5 SHRM-PDC’s credits and 14.5 HRCI general credits, along with 1.25 HRCI business credits.
- Case Managers (CCMC): Approved for 15.5 credits.
New This Year! Wellness Opportunities
There are Wellness opportunities sprinkled throughout the day on Monday at this year’s Comp Summit. Special thank you to our Wellness Sponsor: Workplace Health at MaineGeneral Health.
- Monday Morning Group Run or Group Stroll with the Workplace Health Wellness Team. Go on a 30-minute run or stroll. Run led by Wellness Manager, Phil DiRusso. Stroll led by a Workplace Health Coach. Guaranteed to wake you up and get the blood flowing.
- MONDAY MORNING | 6:45 AM – 7:15 AM | Meet in the hotel lobby | Dependent upon the weather, please wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Monday Afternoon Stretch Break. Need a quick stretch? Learn effective stretches from a Workplace Health Coach.
- MONDAY AFTERNOON | 2:30 PM – 2:40 PM | Meet at the Workplace Health Booth #9.
- Health Screenings offered at the Workplace Health Booth #9. 15-minute appointments.
- Non-fasting (Fingerprick) TC / HDL, A1C
- Blood Pressure and BMI
- Review results and recommendations will be made
The Maine Comp Summit is Partnering with Kids’ Chance of Maine to Raise Money. Bring some CASH to donate to this great cause.
The mission of Kids’ Chance is to provide educational scholarships for children of Maine workers who have been seriously injured or killed in a workplace accident. Bring some cash to enter into several raffles for a chance to win great prizes! Prizes include: autographed book by Stephen King, $100 gift card to LL Bean, One-Night Stay at Samoset Resort plus a $50 resort-wide gift card, $100 gift card to Jonathan Douglas Salon & Relaxation Studio, Golf at Purpoodock Country Club, Six seats behind Homeplate at a Sea Dogs Game, AND MORE! $20 for FIVE Tickets or $40 for 15 tickets. Enter tickets into whatever you want to win. Raffle ticket numbers will be announced at the Monday evening that begins at 5 pm. Winning tickets must be presented at the time of raffle drawing. The Comp Summit Team will match a $500 donation when the $500 mark is reached!