A system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community.
SAVE THE DATE! SEPTEMBER 23-25, 2020
A Collaborative Approach to Workers’ Comp
Comp Summit is Maine’s annual, system-wide event for the workers’ compensation community. Each year we crunch the numbers, parse the language of the statute, and look to the future. The quality education at this conference reaches the legal community, occupational health and wellness providers, insurers and adjusters, case managers, and Maine employers and employees alike. We seek continuing education credit for Maine attorneys, case managers (CCM), New Hampshire insurance adjusters, and human resource professionals (SHRM CP and SHRM SCP credit and HRCI general credit).
Our mission is the pursuit of common ground for injured workers, Maine employers and the Workers’ Compensation Board. We analyze the law’s impact on a tactical “day to day” basis and its strategic impact on employee rights, the business climate in Maine, and the grand bargain that created workers’ compensation systems in the first place.
Registration fee: $550 ($500 for each additional person from the same company).
Fees provide access to all conference educational programs, the Comp Summit EXPO, conference meals, receptions, conference barista, and entertainment.
Attendees will also have access to the conference Mobile App! Access the conference schedule, view speaker bios, locate Business Partner booths, download session materials and more – all from your smartphone or tablet!
The Comp Summit Golf Tournament Returns!
Tuesday, September 22 · 1:00 PM Shotgun Start · $125 per person
Enjoy the spectacular views of the Samoset’s 18-hole championship course. Great prizes to win. The awards ceremony will take place at Sunday’s evening reception. Join in the fun and possibly earn bragging rights for the year!
Overnight Accommodations at the Samoset start at $194/night plus a $30 resort fee per night. Overnight rooms are available to Comp Summit registrants on a first come, first served basis. Click here for additional accommodation information, including recommended offsite locations.
The following information is from the completed 2019 event. Please check back in the spring for details on next year.
2019 Continuing Education Credits
We are in the process of obtaining credit approval for Maine attorneys (CLEs), HR professionals (SHRM & HRCI), and Case Managers (CCMC) for the 2019 program.
- Maine Attorneys: Approved for 15.5 CLEs, 1.25 of which is for Harassment & Discrimination credit.
- HR Credits: Approved for 14.5 SHRM-PDC’s credits and 14.5 HRCI general credits, along with 1.25 HRCI business credits.
- Case Managers (CCMC): Approved for 15.5 credits.
New This Year! Wellness Opportunities
There are Wellness opportunities sprinkled throughout the day on Monday at this year’s Comp Summit. Special thank you to our Wellness Sponsor: Workplace Health at MaineGeneral Health.
- Monday Morning Group Run or Group Stroll with the Workplace Health Wellness Team. Go on a 30-minute run or stroll. Run led by Wellness Manager, Phil DiRusso. Stroll led by a Workplace Health Coach. Guaranteed to wake you up and get the blood flowing.
- MONDAY MORNING | 6:45 AM – 7:15 AM | Meet in the hotel lobby | Dependent upon the weather, please wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Monday Afternoon Stretch Break. Need a quick stretch? Learn effective stretches from a Workplace Health Coach.
- MONDAY AFTERNOON | 2:30 PM – 2:40 PM | Meet at the Workplace Health Booth #9.
- Health Screenings offered at the Workplace Health Booth #9. 15-minute appointments.
- Non-fasting (Fingerprick) TC / HDL, A1C
- Blood Pressure and BMI
- Review results and recommendations will be made
The Maine Comp Summit is Partnering with Kids’ Chance of Maine to Raise Money. Bring some CASH to donate to this great cause.
The mission of Kids’ Chance is to provide educational scholarships for children of Maine workers who have been seriously injured or killed in a workplace accident. Bring some cash to enter into several raffles for a chance to win great prizes! Prizes include: autographed book by Stephen King, $100 gift card to LL Bean, One-Night Stay at Samoset Resort plus a $50 resort-wide gift card, $100 gift card to Jonathan Douglas Salon & Relaxation Studio, Golf at Purpoodock Country Club, Six seats behind Homeplate at a Sea Dogs Game, AND MORE! $20 for FIVE Tickets or $40 for 15 tickets. Enter tickets into whatever you want to win. Raffle ticket numbers will be announced at the Monday evening that begins at 5 pm. Winning tickets must be presented at the time of raffle drawing. The Comp Summit Team will match a $500 donation when the $500 mark is reached!
GOLF TOURNAMENT CO-SPONSORMore Info
GOLF TOURNAMENT CO-SPONSORMore Info
SUNDAY RECEPTION SPONSORMore Info
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.