Gary is a seasoned Human Resources Professional, Consultant, and Professor with almost 20 years of successful experience in human resources management, strategy, business development, change management, administration and financial stewardship.
Recent accomplishments – Dean College – CHRO & Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness:
- Lead college’s organizational strategy.
- Instituted an in-house Learning Management System (LMS).
- Directed an active recruitment strategy to enhance qualified and diversified candidates.
- Directed college functions including; Human Resources, Facilities, Campus Safety, Landscaping/Grounds, and Custodial. Served closely with IT and Institutional Advancement.
- Restructured College benefits/wellness programs.
- Served on the Senior Management Leadership Team.
- Enhanced college-wide organizational effectiveness and strategic planning.
- Dealt with Employee Relations, EEOC/Legal/NLRB, Compensation, Workforce Planning, HRIS.
- Served on the Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery, and Campus Safety Committees.
Other Positions Served:
- Cleveland Sight Center – Director, Human Resources & Volunteer Services
- Arch Street Center/St. Anthony Shrine – Director, Human Resources & Volunteer Services
- Johnson & Wales University – Human Resources Manager
- Dunkin Brands Inc. – Regional Human Resources Manager/Training Manager
- Bess Eaton Inc. – Regional Human Resources Manager
Community Service & Honors:
- PPB – Chair of the City of Pawtucket Personnel Board
- RISE – Rhode Islanders Service Education – Mentor/Big Brother
- Job Club RI – Volunteer assisting unemployed individuals with their job search
- SHRM-RI & SHRM National Member
- Executive CHRO Development Program – Executive Program for HR Professionals in RI & MA
Education and Certifications:
- Doctorate- Administration/Leadership – Johnson & Wales University – Providence, RI
- Masters – Teaching – Johnson & Wales University – Providence, R.I.
- Bachelors – Applied Social Sciences – Binghamton University – Binghamton, N.Y.
- Associates – Hospitality Management – Cobleskill College – Cobleskill, N.Y.
- SHRM PHR Certification & SHRM-CP Re-certification (2015/2008)
- MVP Certification – Mentors in Violence Prevention – Northeastern University, Boston, MA. (2017)
- MBTI Certified Trainer (2013)
- SHRM – Leadership Program – Professionals in Human Resources – Washington D.C. (2013/2012)