This is a pre-convention meeting for SHRM State Council Directors and Officers of the SHRM chapters in Maine.
Leadership Day Agenda:
- 8:00AM – Registration Opens
- 8:30-9:00AM – Coffee & Refreshments
- 9:00AM – 9:30AM – Welcome & Announcements
- 9:30AM – 11:30AM – Working Session (Content coordinated by MESHRM)
- 11:30AM – 12:30PM – Lunch
- 12:30PM – 2:30PM – Working Session (Content coordinated by MESHRM)
- 2:45PM – MESHRM Award Announcements
- 3:00PM – 4:00PM – Opening Maine HR Convention Keynote*
- 4:00PM – 5:30PM – Welcoming Reception*
* indicates agenda items that are part of the regular Maine HR Convention programming.
Be sure to visit the Convention Book Store!
Book Store Hours:
Monday, May 9th: 2PM-5PM
Tuesday, May 10th: 9AM-5PM
Wednesday, May 11th: 9AM-1PM
Thursday, May 12th: 8AM-12PM
Everyone participating in the Tuesday Convention day is encouraged to arrive early, settle in, and enjoy the following bonus keynote and reception!
3:00 – 4:15 pm
KEYNOTE: HR’s Search for Humanity
Why you’ll want to attend. Despite sophisticated advances in technology, data, and healthcare, we have fallen short when it comes to valuing other humans. The world is at an inflection point. Human rights abuses, the rise of nationalism, the emergence of hate, chronic disparities based on race, age, sex, religion, and sexual orientation are occurring across the globe. All of this lands on your HR doorsteps every day – directly or indirectly. Dr. Jarik Conrad joins us from San Diego to offer a better path forward.
What’s it all about?
- Discover how human resource professionals can be the drivers of a more sustainable and humane society, advancing how we live and work.
- Learn how corporate social responsibility must take on new meaning, and how HR can advocate for that new role.
- Discuss how a better understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B) is core to this transformation.
Approved for SHRM credit and HRCI Business CreditProgram Faculty: Jarik Conrad
Meet Jarik Conrad and get your copy of his book signed.
Monday, May 9, 2022 Tuesday, May 10, 2022 Wednesday, May 11, 2022 Thursday, May 12, 2022