Join us for a mind-body conditioning practice. We’ll practice mind-body activities and exercises to reduce burnout, decrease stress, and increase resilience. Participants will learn strategies, tools, and activities for use in your own organization. Healthy Life Resources will lead holistic resilience activities for a healthy start to your day. Join us for this active mind-body session!
The Brain Science of Changing Work Environments and Cultural Norms
Why you’ll want to participate in this session. When we walk into an elevator, we walk in through the door, facing the back and immediately turn around to face the door again. Why do we do that? If we want to talk to someone in the elevator, we don’t square up and face them, we both turn to the door and turn our heads to talk. These kinds of social norms are everywhere throughout society and in our workplaces. In this keynote with Eric M. Bailey, we’ll explore what this means for the new blended world of work and how it connects to our roles in the people business. If you’ve met someone in person for the first time, after talking with them for months via Zoom, and thought or said, “Wow, I had no idea you were that tall/short!” then you’re going to get a lot out of this session.
What’s it all about?
- Study the surprising brain science behind cultural norms and how they may be unintentionally affecting employees in remote, in-person, hybrid, and blended working environments.
- Discover what the brain science of cultural norms portends for your analyses of workplace issues and decision making.
- Leave this session with a better understand of how this affects both efficiency and creativity in your role as an HR professional.
Approved for SHRM credit and HRCI General (HR) CreditProgram Faculty: Eric M. Bailey
Meet Eric M. Bailey and get your copy of his book signed.
Visit the EXPO. Support our Sponsors. Grab a coffee sensation from Bard and a Holy Donut. And visit the Convention bookstore, open 8 AM – 12 PM.
A roadmap for your return to work next Monday!
Why you’ll want to participate in this session. You’ve learned a lot this Convention week, and we want you to join our closing panel to discuss the #1 issue in the HR world today: Talent Acquisition. This session is a unique opportunity to share what you’ve learned: over the course of your career, and from this week as you prepare to take the ideas back to work.
We know you are coming to the convention with past wins and successes, and we want to learn from each other! Your hosts, Heather Jury and Carolyn Hart, will share their best tips for recruiting in the current job market, and in true crowdsourcing fashion, will encourage you to share as well.
What’s it all about?
- We’ll unpack the significant takeaways for the week that you can share with your organization when you return. What was surprising for you to learn? What are you already doing well? Where can you make small changes that can make immediate improvements?
- We’ll discuss what has worked for you in your organization that you can share with other convention attendees – from attracting candidates, keeping your employees, enhancing the employee experience, and marketing your employer brand. How are you finding success in retention in this era of The Great Resignation? What are your current candidate attraction and recruiting challenges that you would like help with from the crowd?
Approved for SHRM credit and HRCI General (HR) CreditProgram Faculty: Carolyn Hart, Heather Jury
Monday, May 9, 2022 Tuesday, May 10, 2022 Wednesday, May 11, 2022 Thursday, May 12, 2022